Introduction to formatting codes
Codes allow you to specify formatting rules for your text, even if you are not allowed to use HTML in your posts. BB codes, or UBB codes, originated from the forum software named PHPBB, and YACS has a special implementation of it.
With codes you use "tags" to add formatting to your text. Every tag is enclosed in [ and ]. If you want to mark some region in your text, you need to use an opening tag and a closing tag. Closing tags start with [/, as you will see in the examples at the next pages. If you mistype a tag or forget to close it, you will not get the desired formatting.
Follow the links below to get more information on codes implemented on this server.
- In-line formatting codes (bold, underlined, ...)
- Links (and shortcuts, buttons, ...)
- Lists (with bullets, numbered, ...)
- Blocks (indentation, script, quote, ...)
- Tables (with headers, with grids, use CSV data, ...)
- Titles and questions (and table of content)
- Dynamic queries (updates, content, ...)
- Widgets (twitter, calendar, ...)
- Miscellaneous codes (charts, ...)
You can also browse links above in complement to the Theme test.